The flight*.dat files controls the movements of NPC airborne vehicles in GTA III and Vice City. These files are located in the
..\data\paths folder in the GTA III and Vice City directories. The following files control these airborne vehicles:
||DeadDodo used in "S.A.M."||Police Maverick|
||DeadDodo used in "A Drop In The Ocean"|
These airborne vehicles are not solid so you cannot collide into them and there are no drivers in them. DeadDodos can be destroyed by shooting a rocket through the plane.
||integer||The number of lines that are to be read from the file.|
||float||X, Y, Z coordinates, each line linked to create a path|
These opcodes can be used in GTA III to spawn and check the Dodo along the flight paths.
- 033A, spawns a Dodo to follow the path from the
- 033B, checks if the flight3 Dodo has completed the trip
- 033C, checks if the flight3 Dodo has been shot down
- 0358, spawns a Dodo to follow the path from the
- 0359, checks if the flight4 Dodo has been shot down
- 035A, gets the coordinates of the flight3 Dodo
- 03A6, gets the coordinates of the flight4 Dodo